Wednesday 5 September 2012

Oxford Photographer - Kim Martin Photographic -Hair Shoot

28th August 2012

Finished a shoot for Michael and Company High Street Kidlington Oxford.

I had to shoot 4 hair styles on 3 models who were Jade, Maisie and Laura. Jade also did the make up and Michael did the styling.

The shoot took about 4 hours, and each model had several different lighting set ups. Luckily I had an assistant who was Amy and she was very good which made my life a lot easier.

I had expected to use my new 85mm 1.8 prime which I had just bought for the shoot but ended up using the 50mm 1.8 prime. I also bought a Colour Checker Passport to make sure all the colours were perfect as the Hair colouring was of importance.

Having never used a Passport on a pro shoot before I found it a little difficult to remember to use it on each lighting change but by the time I had finished I had a good routine set up. I would tether the Camera and do all the lighting until it looked good on the Laptop then Amy would take a grey card and hold it in front of the model, I would of course take the shot then we would do the same with the Colour Checker except Amy would hold it to the side of the models face. Once that was done then I would take out the tether and shoot to the card. After each shoot Amy would download the card and back up to a portable hard drive as well as to an additional file on the Laptop.

All the shooting was done mostly in my Home Studio but I did take some of Maisie in the garden.

Some of the finished shoots can be seen at my web site  www.kimmartinphotographic.com and also at Flickr, Model Mayhem, Purestorm and Purpleport.

No comments:

Post a Comment