Friday 5 November 2010

Oxford Photographer - Kim Martin Photographic - Moors and Christians Parade

I have just returned from doing a Photo Shoot of the Moors and Christians Parade in Calpe Spain.

 My wife and I drove from Home via Portspmouth where we caught the boat to Santander. We then drove down to Calpe via Madrid and of course we went wrong around Madrid, I dont blaim any one else other than myself but the signs are pretty diabolical.

It took almost 10 hours with two 15 minute breaks so I was dog tired. The main Parade in Calpe is on the 23rd October and has a cast of 1000's the cost of putting on something like this is extremely high which is why you pay €5.00 per seat. We got there early enough to get a good position with an reasonable back drop.
I was going to use my 50mm lens wide open so I wouldn't need to use the flash until much later but I couldn't get the full width of the street in so change to my 18 mm - 200 mm lens and stuck the flash on the Camera as I needed both hands to hold the camera. Any problem with red eye or wierd shadows I would sort out later in Photo Shop.
As it turned out, most of the shots came out as well as I expected, with the flash almost reaching the far side of the street giving me the chance of getting almost all of the groups in their lines across the street.

I am at the moment typing this as the Slide show is burning to DVD so it will not be until next week before I put any pictures on my Web Site.www.kimmartinphotographic.com I will also put some on Flickr - kimmartinphotographic -

I hope you get a chance to look at them as the participants put so much effort into their costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment